Capture the Dream, Inc. Position:Vice President of Marketing
Capture the Dream, Inc., a Bay Area non-profit focused on helping underserved and at-risk individuals succeed in school and find fulfilling, sustaining careers, is looking for a Vice President of Marketing to lead our team responsible for positioning and messaging, website design, social media, PR, content development, and the external image of the organization. The ideal candidate should be creative but organized, have a real passion for helping children and our underserved community, and have a desire to gain greater experience as an executive leading a broad marketing function.
Note: This is a critical role in the organization and will have a huge impact on our ability to help needy kids and families to achieve their fundamental goals and improve their lives. It provides the opportunity to make a significant difference and critically influence the success of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage team of approximately 3-5 volunteer marketing, writing/editing, design/graphics, and social media volunteers. Define strategy and goals, set direction, and provide mentorship and feedback as needed.
- Facilitate staffing and operational needs. Conduct recruitment as needed for additional volunteers to manage our various marketing activities.
- Identify the most compelling positioning and messaging for the organization and define marketing programs to disseminate that to target constituencies, including schools, program participants, potential partners and donors, volunteers, and government organizations. Play the lead role in increasing the visibility and understanding of the goals of the organization.
- Manage daily operations as needed to ensure initiatives meet necessary deadlines.
- Support other functions of the organization including program management, fundraising, and volunteer recruitment with necessary marketing collateral and activities.
- Manage marketing budget.
- Track key performance indicators and metrics essential to show impact on organizational visibility, fundraising facilitation, and participation in programs.
- Expand team over time to enhance capabilities and expertise.
- Meet monthly for staff meetings and periodically report on marketing at board meetings.
- BA/MBA, Preferred experience with a non-profit.
- 5 or more years of work experience including 3-5 years in a leadership role. Broad marketing experience across disciplines a plus.
- Thorough understanding of core marketing concept and different ways to apply them to achieve organizational goals.
- Ambitious marketeer looking to apply existing skill set and expand experience managing entire marketing function to accelerate career development.
- Analytical and critical thinker who has demonstrated the ability to execute and deliver high quality work. Timely and well-organized with consistent follow-up
- Entrepreneurial Spirit. Proven capability to improve processes and scale organizations.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills. Collaborative approach and ability to influence across physical and virtual environments.
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group
- Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Capture the Dream’s mission.
- Flexible schedule that will permit meetings, phone conferences, and on-site visits.
- Must reside in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area with reliable transportation.
- Proficient with MS Office and lead gen/management platforms. Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Minimum 1 year commitment to the role, with 6 hours/per week on average dedicated to this volunteer role
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Volunteer will receive invaluable marketing management experience and an exceptional letter of recommendation. We reward our volunteers with professional exposure, special promotional items, events, tickets, and other opportunities.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
For more information, please visit us at: http://www.capturethedream.org
Capture the Dream, Inc.
484 Lake Park Avenue, #15
Oakland, CA 94610
Who We Are
Established in July 2006, Capture the Dream, Inc. is a registered, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, dedicated to helping underserved and at-risk individuals succeed in school and find fulfilling, sustaining careers. We foster hope, love, and support to youth at critical time periods to empower them to overcome adversity and achieve their dreams. No dream is too small and no dream is too large.
Our organization offers several ongoing programs such as our Dreamcatcher program that combines mentoring and micro-funding opportunities for low-income K-12 and community college students from underprivileged Bay Area communities to help them realize their scholastic and career dreams. In addition, our scholarship fund provides $1,000 scholarships to students in need. Along with these programs, we also donate school supplies and provide experiential learning through our classroom program.
This past year, we were able to fulfill the dreams of over 2,000 Bay Area youth and distribute over $250,000 in goods and services to those in need. In addition, Capture the Dream, Inc. has been recognized in the Oakland Tribune, UC Davis Magazine, a local New York Television Show, People Magazine, AsianWeek, World Journal, AT&T Community Spotlight Hero Award, 2007 Maybelline Empowerment through Education Award, Oakland Mayoral Proclamation, San Francisco Mayoral Proclamation, San Francisco Board of Supervisors Certificate of Honor, California State Senate Certificate of Honor, and Appreciation Award from the Taiwanese Consulate
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment