Treasurer Position Open on Board of Directors
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1704 W. Koenig LaneAustin, TX 78756
PPHA is currently searching for a Treasurer to join our Board of Directors.
- The Pregnancy and Postpartum Health Alliance of Texas (PPHA) is seeking a new Treasurer. The ideal candidate will have a background in accounting and non-profit experience is a plus.
- The primary role of the current Treasurer is to liaise with our fiscal sponsor, the Austin Community Foundation (ACF). She coordinates with ACF on fundraising opportunities, expense payments, and donation receipts.
- The Treasurer prepares an annual budget during the fall planning cycle, in close cooperation with the Program Director. The budget is then presented to the Board for review and final approval.
- The Treasurer is on file with the State of Texas as the registered agent for PPHA and files franchise taxes annually. At this time, the fiscal sponsor files all other taxes.
- The Treasurer is a vital part of all fundraising endeavors. While collection of donations is an integral part of the job, they are also involved in the planning, coordination, and follow-up to these events. The Treasurer will personally promote all fundraising activities to help maintain and grown the organization.
- The commitment to this role is a minimum of 2 years, though at the discretion of the Treasurer and with agreement from the Board, it may be extended.
- Commitment of two meetings a month. One in-person meeting on one Sunday a month and one meeting via Google hangout on one Thursday evening a month.
- If you would like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your qualifications. Interested parties will be interviewed to be sure we find the right fit for the organization. There will be a training period with the exiting Treasurer to ensure a smooth transition.
- Cost Analysis
- Financial Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Two meetings a month + 5-10 hr/week