Do you enjoy dance and sharing your opinion? Have an interest in LGBT performances or dancers? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of LGBT youth? Share your passion and experience with us!
We are seeking an experienced dance blogger for an exceptional opportunity to write content for our target demographic of 16-22-year-old LGBT students in film, theatre, dance, and music.
We are a fast-rising arts non-profit doing work in the Pittsburgh, PA, New York, NY and Los Angeles, CA areas.
Our mission is to empower and educate LGBT youth by connecting them with entertainment industry professionals in the form of mentoring. We bring the best and brightest from film, theatre, music, and dance to our community of 16-22-year-old students to guide and teach. We are passionate about connecting local students with acclaimed artists to inspire them to believe in themselves and to further their arts education and career.
You would assist us by:
- Be the voice of Arts Out Loud on blogging sites, forums, etc by sharing our mission and goals.
- Maintain a consistent presence on our website by blogging about anything dance related with a focus on LGBT entertainment.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written and visual media.
- Must have writing/blogging experience.
- Familiarity with dance.
- Knowledge of Wordpress to upload to our website.
- Be an innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.
In return for the volunteer hours, the benefits to the volunteer candidate may include: job reference letter from the CEO of Arts Out Loud, experience gained while volunteering on various projects, networking opportunities, and current resume entry. Most importantly, you will be helping the organization work towards its mission.
You can find more information about us on our website: artsoutloud.org
- People Skills
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Weekly at a minumum.
- MUST have writing/blogging experience!