Academic Internship - Spring Semester
WhenFri Jan 13, 2017 - Fri Apr 28, 2017
Where1335 Dublin RoadSuite 110FColumbus, OH 43215
ALSAC exists to raise funds and awareness for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Our staff is dynamic and diverse. Our skills are different, our professions are varied; but our mission is the same: support the lifesaving mission of St. Jude. It’s more than a job; it’s a place where you can do what you love, and love why you do it.
- #1 Hospital Charity in the Nation
- #1 Health Non-Profit Brand of the Year
- 95% of Employees Agree ALSAC is a Great Place to Work
- Ranked a Top 10 Non-Profit Organization by Revenue
As an intern in Field Operations you will learn more about creating events and partnerships to help drive the St. Jude mission that no child should die in the dawn of life.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with event planning and logistics for local and national events such as 5Ks, golf tournaments, galas, St. Jude Up Til Dawn, Dream Home, and radiothons.
- Attending meetings, conference calls, committee meetings, and local events.
- Recruiting volunteers, team members for fitness events, or event attendees.
- Assisting with the cultivation of event sponsorships.
- Writing letters or marketing material and corresponding via email and phone with co-workers, potential donors and/or sponsors.
- Soliciting in-kind gifts and auction items for events
- Conveying the St. Jude mission across various social media platforms
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student
- Majoring in a related field, preferred
At ALSAC/St. Jude, we're looking for passionate students who are high performing in both their education and community, are innovative, have a deep desire to learn and who want to make an impact in the world. We welcome those already connected to St. Jude and those who want to learn more about our lifesaving mission.
This is an unpaid internship and requires selected student(s) to provide confirmation of enrollment for course credit from their college/university for successful completion of the internship.
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 15-20 hours per week