The Fall 2017 season of Let Me Run is in need of coaches for a few KC Metro locations. The commitment to volunteer is one afternoon per week from late september to early november. The LMR program runs directly after school for one hour and 15 minutes.Let Me Run coaches impact young boys’ lives by:
- Providing the powerful gifts of undivided attention, care, and guidance.
- Fostering growth in character, personal strength, endurance, and goal setting.
- Running with them twice a week for seven weeks.
- Teaching and training them about important concepts, including integrity, friendship, self-expression, doing their best, not quitting, teamwork, and helping others.
- Helping them build self-esteem by completing a 5k at the end of the season.
When caring people come together with nothing but the purest of intentions to guide children to a place of safety, integrity, acceptance, and love the inevitable outcome will be a society with the same core beliefs.
- Coaches should display positive behavior and encourage boys.
- Cheers or chants that are derogatory towards girls or other members of the community are prohibited. We do not lift ourselves up by tearing others down.
- We expect coaches to have an attitude that reflects our mission, credo, core values, and program objectives.
- The curriculum is to be run in order of the table of contents and the stated lesson objectives are to be met.
- For recovery purposes, the program must meet twice a week on non-consecutive days.
- The program must end with a 5k. The final 5k is to be no later than one week after the program has ended. The season dates should be scheduled considering school holidays, teacher workdays, and the date of the 5k.
- Two coaches should be with the boys at all times.
- A minimum of six boys is necessary for each team. However, at least eight is best. A maximum of fourteen boys is allowed per team.
- The elementary program consists of 4 th and 5 th grade. No boys below 4 th grade are allowed to participate. The middle school program is for 6 th, 7 th, and 8 th grades.
- Practices need to follow the order of unity lap, dynamic stretches, run, and static stretches.
- We are a "rain or shine" program, and practice will never be cancelled due to rainy weather. An indoor space should be provided for rainy weather situations.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information specific to each site
- Outdoor Recreation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 90 minutes 1-2 times per week