The Richmond Museum of History is located in the heart of downtown Richmond and is proud to be the oldest organization in West Contra Costa County dedicated to preserving local history. The Richmond Museum of History is housed in a Carnegie Library and owns the most significant collection of historical material and documents in the local area. The permanent collection was established in 1950 and is comprised of a variety of materials including textiles, fine art, archaeological collections, historical artifacts, documents, photographs.
The Museum staff is small but what we lack in capacity, we far make up for in enthusiasm and love for our work. The Richmond Museum of History is currently transitioning from a grassroots, volunteer lead effort to a professional nonprofit lead by academically trained staff. The staff is working to reinvigorate the museum, gain new support within the community and seeks to become more relevant to the modern residents of Richmond. Join us!
The Richmond Museum Association seeks volunteers to assist with a membership drive seeking to increase our base of support. The RMA is working to invigorate our long standing membership program to attract new members as well as motivate exisitng members to give at a higher level.
- People Skills
- Donor Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Docent on the SS Red Oak Victory
- Discover Mysteries in the Museum!
- Information Technology Technician
- Help your community history...
- Public Programs Volunteer
- Help us keep our Museum beautiful!
- Help us implement a Day of the...
- Marketing Positions for SS Red...
- Carpenter for Local History Museum
- Volunteer Recruiting On The SS...
- Deck Department On The SS Red...
- Electrician on SS Red Oak Victory
- Greeter on SS Red Oak Victory
- Help our community museum...
- Rose Garden Crew
- Steward on SS Red Oak Victory
- Local History Museum Marketing...
- Administrative Assistant
- Volunteer Retail Associate on...
- Graphic Designer needed to make...