Many families with young children aren’t able to provide the support they so desperately want to give to their children because of a variety of pressures combined with a lack of support. At VOA Oregon’s Family Relief Nursery (FRN), we work to reduce that pressure through providing resources and parent support so the family can stay strong and healthy.
You can be an immediate support to children by providing caring, affirmation, and structure. This is a great way to feel the joyful energy young children bring, learn vital skills to supporting their growth, and get an insider’s look at social work and early childhood education in action. We are actively seeking Spanish speaking volunteers to be able to engage with our Spanish speaking preschoolers and their families. Come be the joy in a child's life!
Classroom Assistant: Pair up with a classroom teacher to support an age-specific therapeutic classroom. Learn our unique intervention model, expand the type and depth of activities, provide 1:1 support, and be the adult a young child connects with while they grow and learn.
All training is provided - all you need is a love of children, willingness to learn through practice and modeling, and ability to commit to a weekday morning for at least six months.
Outer SE location (2609 SE 136th Ave. Portland)
- Monday AM - Preschool room
- Tuesday AM - Preschool room
- Wednesday AM - Preschool room
- Thursday AM - Preschool room
VOA Oregon's Family Relief Nursery is a prevention/intervention program that helps to stop the cycle of child abuse & neglect while also providing development assessments and a therapeutic nursery/preschool environment for children ages six weeks through five years. The program provides skills training, respite care, and home visits to assist families in re-establishing a safe, caring home environment.
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Crisis Intervention
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hrs / week, M-Th mornings, for 6 months
- Communications Specialist
- Volunteer at the Men's...
- Assist parents in recovery in...
- Support a Young Child at the...
- Assist with day activities for...
- Provide engaging childcare while...
- Trauma-Informed Drop-In Services...
- Create a welcoming environment...
- Bring joy to youth while riding...
- Spanish speaking! Support a...
- Brighten our children's day with...
- Assist with Day Activities for...