Deliver a meal & a smile to a senior - Meals on Wheels volunteers needed
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
284 people are interested
Macomb Community Action Meals on Wheels program delivers hot, nutritious lunchtime meals to home-bound senior citizens in Macomb County. We are in desperate need of regular route and substitute drivers to deliver meals. Regular route volunteer drivers are asked to deliver meals as much or as little as you can. Substitute drivers are "on-call" when needed. It takes about 60 minutes to deliver the meals. Meal routes are driven Monday through Friday during lunchtime and you can select which day is best for you.
Meals are also delivered on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. Special emergency food pack delivery projects take place on Saturdays multiple times during the year.
Mileage reimbursement is offered.
About Macomb Community Action
21885 Dunham Road, Suite 6, VerKuilen Building, Clinton Township, MI 48036, US
The mission of Macomb Community Action is persistent action to diminish poverty and promote independence. Macomb Community Action provides a network of comprehensive educational, economic and social services to Macomb County residents in need. In pursuit of this mission, our team of dedicated, compassionate staff and volunteers will continue to diminish the causes and effects of poverty.
Established in 1964, MCCSA is a Community Action Agency that provides a range of services to limited income citizens of Macomb County. MCCSA's programs include:
- Programs for people with emergency needs: Community Action Center services (emergency financial assistance) and the Macomb Food Program (emergency food)
- Programs for senior citizens: Meals on Wheels (home delivered meals), Dining Senior Style sites, Senior Citizen Chore Service (grass cutting/snow removal), Home Injury Control, Resource Advocacy, and Adult Day Services.
- Programs for children from limited income families: Head Start 0-5 that includes free preschool and services for pregnant women and children birth to 36 months
- Programs for limited income people of all ages: transportation services, Individual Development Account Program (first time home buyer down payment assistance), and Home Preservation / Energy (home weatherization), commodity food registration, and energy education, and free tax preparation
We'll work with your schedule.
21885 Dunham Road, Ste. 6VerKuilen BuildingClinton Township, MI 48036
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Deliver as much or as little as you can
- Must use own vehicle and have auto insurance.