Embark on a monumental journey...
An independent study led by Dr. Maureen Weiss, University of Minnesota, evaluated the impact of Girls on the Run on positive youth development. Findings show that Girls on the Run has a significant impact on the lives of girls - teaching critical life skills, increasing physical activity, building connections between peers, and more. In addition, Girls on the Run makes a stronger impact than organized sports and physical education programs in teaching life skills such as managing emotions, resolving conflict, helping others, and making intentional decisions. You can read more and watch a video about these exciting study results on our website, www.gotrpa.org/News.
A GOTR Volunteer Coach works with a team of coaches twice a week to facilitate the Girls on the Run curriculum to program participants over the 10 week season.
Volunteer Support Roles needed at: Jenkintown Elementary (Tuesdays/Thursdays 3:15pm-4:45pm)
- Understanding and believing in the mission of the organization and acting as a spokesperson for the program
- Serving as a role model and mentor
- Preparing, organizing, and supervising the weekly lessons (co-facilitate)
- Collaborate with other coaches for successful lesson delivery
- Leading the program participants through each lesson (co-facilitate)
- Interacting with the parents of the program participants; planning and coordinating the end of the season celebration
- Coordinating the community project
- Attending the end of the season community 5K event with program participants and other coaches
- Regular updates via email to the GOTR staff
- Each site has four coaches.
- Attending mandatory 1.5 hour online pre-training and 6 hour in-person training
- At least 1 coach has to be First Aid/CPR certified. If you need to get certified, GOTR offers three certification classes. Dates will be posted on our website in Fall 2018.
- Junior Coaches are between the ages of 16-17.
- Submit Criminal & Child Abuse Background clearances to GOTR Staff. We will need an FBI Fingerprint clearance if you have not lived in PA for at least 10 consecutive years.
A GOTR Site Liaison is a volunteer position that is responsible for managing a specific Girls on the Run site. Every site must have one site liaison. The position serves as the main contact person for the Girls on the Run Staff and Regional Liaison. The site liaison may or may not serve as one of the coaches but can be someone at the site. They fill out the SAME application as the coaches.
For more information and to sign up, visit our website at www.gotrpa.org/Coach
For questions, email email@example.com
We look forward to having you volunteer with us!
- Child Development
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16