Do you have some extra time on your hands that you'd like to put toward effectively helping the No Kill movement g ain traction? Do you love animals and organizing? Do you thrive in a tight-knit retail environment in which you develop ongoing relationships with familiar faces?
Then you could be the person we're looking for!
We are seeking a new store manager for our All Creatures Thrift Store, located in downtown Maryville and run by Blount County Humane Society. All proceeds from the thrift store fund our No-Kill animal welfare organization. BCHS is a 100% volunteer based non-profit.
As a volunteer with BCHS, you will gain an enormous sense of satisfaction knowing that you're helping to end shelter killing of helpless animals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Greet customers and assist them with questions
* Ring up customers at cash register
* Hang and organize clothing and linens
* Organize and shelve new merchandise
* Sort through donations received
* Light cleaning (sweeping, dusting, etc.) and taking out the trash
* Shelve and alphabetize books
* Price and merchandize new items
* Light bookkeeping
* Occasionally showing cats to potential adopters
* Topping off cat food and water bowls in the store that are low
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Must possess good organizational and communication skills.
* Must possess excellent customer service skills.
* Must be punctual and reliable.
* Must have ability to manage others.
* Must be able to perform many tasks involve standing or walking around the store, and some moderate lifting ( * Retail experience a plus
* Must have a positive, upbeat attitude!
Added Bonus: Daily purrs from store kitties who are grateful for YOU! <3
To apply for the Store Manager position, please send a message to Leila. Include any relevant past experience in your letter. Thank you.
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 days a week, 8 hours per day