Parent Liaison is responsible for maintaining good working relationships with parents and Site Coordinators to ensure that students are equipped with the information they need to participate fully in the Destiny’s Daughter of Promise (DDP) program.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
Attend Site Coordinator meetings; offer input that represents the parents’ and students’ perspective, interest and concerns.
Help with and attend workshops and other special events.
As requested, attend leadership meetings and training sessions.
Document accurately and timely all concerns/issues regarding parents and students to the President/CEO and Site Coordinator.
Follow through on assignments.
Be a supportive voice for parents.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Previous experience as an advocate.
Minimum of 1-year experience working with youth or in an administrative capacity.
Clearly communicate both written and oral.
Engage in respectful interaction; maintain a positive and supportive attitude; and possess good interpersonal skills.
Exhibit qualities of dependability, empathy, and genuineness.
Self-motivated, and able to complete tasks in an organized fashion with little supervision.
Excellent computer skills for working with email, the internet, and for utilizing the MS Office Suite (Word and Excel).
Bachelors or Diploma.
Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Perform other duties as needed to ensure success of the program.
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3-5 hours per month
- Grant Writer Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Training Volunteer
- Volunteer Manager
- Teen Leadership Annual Event...
- Mentor Coordinator Assistant
- Grants Manager
- Communications Volunteer for...
- Social Media Assistant and Blogger
- Parent Liaison
- Love Working with Kids? Site...
- Teaching Assistant (Middle School)
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Join Our Team - Donor Relations...
- Workshop Coordinator Assistants
- Part-time Clerical Assistant...
- Help Teens Give Back! Community...
- Join Our Team - Board Secretary
- Volunteer Coordinator...
- Fund Development Volunteer for...