Web and Social Media Intern:
Liberty and Access for All (L+A) is seeking a web and social media intern who will assist in managing our organization’s social media networks and monitoring basic metrics. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized and motivated individual to develop skills in nonprofit communications work. The Outreach and Social Media-go Intern -wants to learn about working with a nonprofit, is detailed oriented, and loves doing media outreach. This position offers an excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects and can result in a great reference. Priority will be given to those who are flexible and can work indpendently. Currently seeking a student seeking a bachelor or master’s degree in communications. We are also open to applicants who just graduated and looking to build their resume. Must be able to work at least 25 hours per week.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Help disseminate daily content online.
- Grow our social media community.
- Know how to take photos and record Vines and video.
- Foster alliance building and networking among supporters, like-minded groups and organizations, and journalists/bloggers/editors.
- Help generate content for and manage social media platforms, including: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google, and others.
- Monitor the social media platforms and identify ways to engage our audience.
- Help to foster an online relationship with TV, radio stations and newspapers.
- Support the development of specific online outreach programs.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Experience with all social media platforms.
- Experience posting content on website and using HTML and Flicker.
- Possess high level of organizational skills and be detail orientated.
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to take photos and record video and vines.
- Ability to multitask and develop multiple projects and tasks.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20 hours a week.