We’re seeking a recent graduate student, or a current graduate student in the communications masters’ program. This position will start in September 2016 and will end in May 2017.
As a Communications Fellow you will:
- Post articles to the L+A website.
- Manage the ONE-ON- ONE project which will include interviewing elected officials and community leaders and creating profile pieces.
- Write program reports.
- Write press releases.
- Pitch OP-EDs.
- Participate in client calls, client launch meetings and daily project status meetings.
We are looking for someone who:
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Creative project development.
- Works well with tight deadlines and keeps a cool head under pressure.
- Works hard and smart
- Has great time management skills.
- Is organized and detail-oriented.
- Works well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Lives in the DMV area.
- Willing to work 25 hours a week.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment