Do you love working with children? Are you creative? Good at planning activities and games? The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County seeks volunteers to serve as After School Activities Assistants. After School Activities Assistants are essential in our branches to ensure that children are engaged in safe, calm, and entertaining activities during after school hours. Typical work includes creating and implementing a small activity for 10-15 children, like coloring activities, games, and more intricate crafting.
Responsibilities: Plan and implement a variety of small academic or non-academic activities to engage children at branch during afterschool hours; set-up activity; request and keep track of needed materials; report unruly children to appropriate staff; clean-up area and materials at conclusion of activity; engage children in age-appropriate activities and conversation; model courteous and respectful behavior for children
Needed: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 3-5pm
- People Skills
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hrs a week
- Online Application, Interview, References
- Branch Library Aide-College Hill
- Library Branch Aide-Forest Park
- Branch Computer Assistant -...
- Teen Program Support Assistant-...
- Shelf Reader-Blue Ash
- Holds Assistant-Blue Ash
- Adult Program Support...
- Holds Assistant-Harrison
- Holds Assistant - North Central...
- After School Activities...
- Holds Assistant- Loveland
- Teen Program Support...
- Holds Assistant - Groesbeck Branch
- Holds Assistant-Mt. Washington
- Branch Library Aide-Cheviot
- Branch Computer Assistant-Mt....
- After Schools Activities...
- Branch Computer Assistant-Blue Ash
- Branch Computer...