Description: The senior management team of FamilyWise Services is responsible for all aspects of property, vehicle and land maintenance of our facility serving at-risk children, youth and families. Through this volunteer opportunity, you will be assisting the team by providing gardening services and various lawn care and maintenance.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform landscape maintenance including but not limited to; mowing, weeding, mulching, general clean up.
- Maintain communication regarding projects with Associate Director.
- Conduct duties in an unbiased manner in accordance with the agency’s mission statement and guiding principles by which all clients, volunteers, interns and staff are treated equally regardless of race, gender, religion, age, physical or mental abilities and/or sexual orientation.
- Experience with general landscape maintenance and gardening.
- Mature judgment and ability to work independently and as a team.
- Adequate physical abilities to ensure safety when performing duties. Ability to lift 30 lbs. easily.
- Ability to commit to the minimum time commitment for the duration of the season.
- Ability to work outside for extended periods of time.
- Sensitivity to, and interest in, supporting the unique struggles of at-risk families.
Benefits to Volunteer/Intern:
Access to ongoing supervision and evaluation by experienced non-profit administrators.
Opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in landscape maintenance.
Satisfaction of contributing to the successes of young families through a holistic, family-centered, non-profit social service agency.
Orientation & Training Requirements:
- Agency Orientation with Volunteer/Internship Coordinator including completion of a Criminal Background Check and Confidentiality & Conduct Agreement.
- Initial and ongoing training and supervision by Associate Director.
Commitment: Minimum commitment of 4+ hours per month, preferable volunteer is present for a few hours each week throughout the season. Hours are flexible.
To Apply: Submit resume & cover letter to email@example.com. Potential candidates will be asked to complete a general volunteer/intern application and interview.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4+ hours each month