Volunteer for HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Support in Uganda
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
Rescue Widows, Eldrerly, Youth and Orphans with AIDS (RWEYOWA-Uganda) welcomes volunteers to help with our HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support interventions in the community.
Volunteers are free to get involved involved in any of our organization nterventions including among others;
- HIV/AIDS sensitization/education
- Community Outreach (home visits to HIV/AIDS patients and their families)
- HIV counseling and testing
- Children immunization
- Orphan support
- General public health and community development
Volunteers interested in teaching are also welcome to teach English or computer skills in some of out local partner schools in the community.
Team-work is highly emphasized at RWEYOWA, and international volunteers work in close collaboration with our local staff/volunteers. Both short and long term volunteers are welcome.
No major specific skills required to volunteer with us but ideally, a volunteer should have some of the following skills;
- A good level of spoken and written English
- Computer literacy
- Communication skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 4-6 hours per day (Monday through Friday)