4 people are interested
Youth & Government Advisor!
ORGANIZATION: El Camino YMCA of Mountain View
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Youth & Government Model Legislature & Court Advisor
Work with YMCA Senior Program Director (serving as the Lead Advisor) and other volunteer advisors to provide leadership to the 2022-2023 Youth & Government Model Legislature & Court Program (high school civic education leadership). Support the Lead Advisor in the overall management of the delegation and be responsible for overall supervision of delegates.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Previous experience working with teens preferred.
- A mature, dependable and responsible individual.
- Must possess strong organizational, leadership and group management skills.
- Relates well with teens and enjoys working with high school age youth.
- Be familiar with and dedicated to the mission and four core values (Respect, Responsibility, Honesty & Caring) of the YMCA, the spirit of Y&G and developmental assets.
- Have a basic understanding of the state, judicial and legislative process or be willing to gain general knowledge of such.
- Be a positive role model to delegates and an effective representative of the program
- Be a volunteer in a good standing at the local YMCA or be able to successfully complete YMCA volunteer application and background check process prior to start.
- Support Lead Advisor in recruiting, training and supervising high school youth to form a delegation.
- Support Lead Advisor and the delegates during the weekly meetings.
- Work with delegates to complete their program area pre-work (i.e., authoring proposals, creating legislations, researching the court cases, and etc.) to prepare them for the conferences.
- Actively seek local community and political involvement and support for the delegation.
- Attendance and support for coalition-wide events.
- Ensure that the California YMCA Youth & Government program and local YMCA’s policies are adhered to at all times.
- Attends the following program dates:
- Weekly Meetings: TBD
- Advisor Training: Oct 8
- Bill Hearing Night: TBD (4 hour commitment)
- Conference 1: November 11-14
- Conference 3: February 10-13
- The health & safety of participants is an ongoing responsibility. Advisors should abide by current accepted YMCA health & safety standards including all child abuse prevention policies and procedures.
- Assure that each delegate attends scheduled sessions during the conferences under the leadership of the Lead Advisor.
- Assist with the general conference advisor duty and attend advisor meetings as necessary (if Lead Advisor is not available).
- Act as a representative of the local YMCA, school and Y&G program.
- Actively support the Y&G program goals and objectives.
- Attend one of the Advisor Certification trainings (i.e., Advisor Development Training or One Day Training)
- Collect and share impact stories and assist in Annual Campaign.
About El Camino YMCA of Mountain View
2400 Grant Road, Mountain View, CA 94043, US
The YMCA of the Silicon Valley is committed to strengthening and enriching the development of individuals and families through quality programs and services that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
The El Camino YMCA is a non-profit organization that is committed to strengthening and enriching the development of youth, adults, families and communities of all ages, ethnicities, religions and economic backgrounds. Health and wellness, aquatics, camp, youth and adult sports, teen activities, family programs and volunteer opportunities are just some of the ways to get involved.
2400 Grant RoadMountain View, CA 94040
September 14, 2022
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Weekly Meetings, 2 travel conferences