Prepare + Prosper (P+P) has been bringing FREE tax assistance and financial education to low- and moderate-income Minnesotans for over 44 years. No previous tax experience is necessary for this role!
Join us as an Interpreter Tax Site Specialist!
Role and responsibilities:
- Interpret important tax process information from English to another language of fluency
- Initiate the sign-in process, ensuring customers meet the basic eligibility requirements for services
- Answer customer questions and act as a navigator through the multi-step process
- Assist in the overall operation and flow of the process
- Bilingual in one of the following languages: Spanish, Somali, Hmong, Oromo, Amharic, Karen
- Passion for connecting with people
- No previous tax experience is necessary
You see the impact of your volunteering immediately and have the opportunity to make lasting relationships with community members.
Interested? Sign up for an orientation here: http://prepareandprosper.org/volunteer/how-to-apply OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Literacy
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Professional Development
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Office Reception
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One 4-hour shift per week from January 21-April 15
- Orientation and Training required for new volunteers before the start of 2017 tax season