Hospice volunteers visiting nursing home patients lessen the burden on family members who may be too far away to play an active role in their loved one’s life.
With hospice training, you will find that your skill sets are sharpened and new ones emerge. Hospice volunteers are trained in communication skills, family dynamics and how to make a positive difference for patients and their caregivers. After you complete the required orientation, VITAS-trained volunteers are prepared to visit nursing homes and assisted living facilities to provide relief care for caregivers, offer companionship and pampering to the patient, sit vigil, provide love with Paw Pals visits and help in other meaningful ways.
- People Skills
- Music Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At your convenience
- MSW Interns Needed to Provide...
- VITAS Patient-Care Volunteers
- VITAS Feeding Assistant Volunteers
- VITAS Telephone Assurance...
- VITAS Volunteer Memory Bear...
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers
- Be a Calming Presence at the End...
- VITAS Veteran Volunteers
- VITAS Musical and Visual Artist...
- Offer Companionship and...
- VITAS Administrative Volunteers
- VITAS Massage & Reiki Volunteers