VITAS Healthcare(r) is looking for kind and caring people to help terminally ill patients and their families - just by being there at the end of life.
11th-Hour (Vigil) Volunteers should be comfortable around death and dying and be familiar with the dying process. Most importantly, 11th-Hour Volunteers must be able to meet the unique needs of the patient and family by offering a calming presence. We are especially looking for volunteers who would be available at short notice to provide 2-4 hours shifts.
VITAS Volunteer patient care orientation and the 11 th Hour Training is provided free of charge to help you learn the skills required to be an outstanding hospice volunteer. Time and dates are ongoing and flexible.
For more information about VITAS visit VITAS.com.
- People Skills
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- MSW Interns Needed to Provide...
- VITAS Patient-Care Volunteers
- VITAS Feeding Assistant Volunteers
- VITAS Telephone Assurance...
- VITAS Volunteer Memory Bear...
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers
- Be a Calming Presence at the End...
- VITAS Veteran Volunteers
- VITAS Musical and Visual Artist...
- VITAS Administrative Volunteers
- VITAS Massage & Reiki Volunteers
- Offer Companionship and...