Youth Programs Assistant
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WherePillsbury House + Theatre3501 Chicago Avenue SouthMinneapolis, MN 55407
Pillsbury House + Theatre (PHT) is a center for creativity and community located in the Powderhorn neighborhood of Minneapolis. We offer afterschool programming that empowers and educates youth K-8 within an artistic environment. Students are broken up into three groups: Group A for grades K-2, Group B for grades 3-4, and Group C (CREW) for grades 5-8. All groups participate in art classes with resident Teaching Artists and CREW emphasizes service learning and philanthropy in the community.
The Youth Programs Assistant will be a vital part of a small team working to provide youth K-8 with quality afterschool programming.
Potential Job Duties
- Helping staff members facilitate literacy activities
- Supporting and motivating students K-8 as they work on homework
- Working with students on art projects
- Preparing and sharing snack
- Assisting with the day to day needs of the youth program as they come up
- Passion for mentoring and building relationships with elementary and/or middle school-aged kids
- Interest in the arts, literacy, and/or service learning
- Ability and willingness to pass a background check
- Knowledge of Spanish not required, but a big plus!
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
- Visual Arts
- General Education
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- at least 2 hours each week