Do you have an hour each week you could dedicate to helping a local senior?
The Volunteers of America are looking for a few dedicated volunteers to connect with local seniors and encourage them to maintain the Healthy Moves exercise program.
Healthy Moves is an evidence based program proven to help seniors regain lost strength and balance. An integral part of the program is maintaining weekly contact with the seniors and encouraging them to continue participation. We do this by providing them with weekly phone calls from a friendly volunteer.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in gaining valuable experience working with seniors, or an individual who is exploring exercise science, nutrition or wellness as a career path. The phone calls can be made from your home or at the local Volunteers of America office.
We will be offering training to our volunteers in motivational interviewing and senior health. This way everyone feels comfortable connecting with seniors and enjoys their weekly calls!
- People Skills
- Life Coaching
- Relationship Building
- Elder care
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week minimum
- Seeking companions in Berthoud...
- Are you a good listener? Be a...
- Stand up for victims. Be a first...
- Be a pal to local pets!
- Pampering Time! Provide...
- BINGO! This volunteer...
- Art Program Leader
- Do you have home improvement...
- Want to impact the Fort Collins...
- Share your love of Colorado!
- Serving Smiles with Lunch!
- Help your community and share...
- Everybody needs somebody!
- Make a Friend with a Senior in...
- Help Seniors with Nutrition
- Lets Build Up Our Community!...
- Want to work at a museum?
- Become a "star" volunteer at the...
- Loveland Needs a Few Good Men!
- Got time for a game of Scrabble...