Do you have an hour each week you could dedicate to helping a local senior?
The Volunteers of America are looking for a few dedicated volunteers to connect with local seniors and encourage them to maintain the Healthy Moves exercise program.
Healthy Moves is an evidence based program proven to help seniors regain lost strength and balance. An integral part of the program is maintaining weekly contact with the seniors and encouraging them to continue participation. We do this by providing them with weekly phone calls from a friendly volunteer.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in gaining valuable experience working with seniors, or an individual who is exploring exercise science, nutrition or wellness as a career path. The phone calls can be made from your home or at the local Volunteers of America office.
We will be offering training to our volunteers in motivational interviewing and senior health. This way everyone feels comfortable connecting with seniors and enjoys their weekly calls!
- People Skills
- Life Coaching
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week minimum
- Are you a good listener? Be a...
- Love dinosaurs??
- Stand up for victims. Be a first...
- What's for Lunch? A Great...
- Deliver Holiday Cheer!
- Pampering Time! Provide...
- BINGO! This volunteer...
- Want to spend quality time with...
- Have fun and support local...
- Get in shape while building a...
- Help Kids Learn, Play, & Grow!
- In just one hour a week, share...
- Homework Helpers needed!
- Be a companion to a local senior!
- Love old westerns? Binge on John...
- Support a senior's independence
- Put Home Repair Skills To Use In...
- Want to work at a museum?
- Help with Suicide Prevention
- Loveland Needs a Few Good Men!