Do you have an hour each week you could dedicate to helping a local senior?
The Volunteers of America are looking for a few dedicated volunteers to connect with local seniors and encourage them to maintain the Healthy Moves exercise program.
Healthy Moves is an evidence based program proven to help seniors regain lost strength and balance. An integral part of the program is maintaining weekly contact with the seniors and encouraging them to continue participation. We do this by providing them with weekly phone calls from a friendly volunteer.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in gaining valuable experience working with seniors, or an individual who is exploring exercise science, nutrition or wellness as a career path. The phone calls can be made from your home or at the local Volunteers of America office.
We will be offering training to our volunteers in motivational interviewing and senior health. This way everyone feels comfortable connecting with seniors and enjoys their weekly calls!
- People Skills
- Life Coaching
- Relationship Building
- Elder care
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week minimum
- Seeking companions in Berthoud...
- Stand up for victims. Be a first...
- We need YOU to brighten the day...
- Be a pal to local pets!
- BINGO! Fun and games on a...
- Veteran's 5K Run Volunteers
- Want to impact the Fort Collins...
- Start your day with a good...
- Help your community and share...
- Homework Helpers needed!
- Everybody needs somebody!
- Help support a caregiver, and...
- Practice Your Spanish with Kids
- Help Seniors with Nutrition
- Front Desk Volunteer for a Great...
- Looking for a flexible Volunteer...
- Become a "star" volunteer at the...
- Looking for a Volunteer...
- Help with Suicide Prevention
- Loveland Needs a Few Good Men!