One of the educational programs we provide for our guests is financial literacy. For an hour a week, you can guide someone in your community along the road to financial independence. You don’t have to be a money-management expert to participate, just someone who wants to help. All that's required is that you are a woman and have one hour a week that you can devote to changing a life by helping a woman in your community on the road to financial independence.
You do not have to be a financial wizard to be a coach. All you need is the desire to help someone in your community make the most of the money she has. This session requires fluency in Spanish.
Budget Buddies builds the financial literacy, confidence, and security of low-income women in Massachusetts, through a unique program that combines instructional workshops and personal, one-to-one coaching.
Volunteer coaches serve as personal mentors. The special mentoring component offers assistance to each client and helps to break the cycle of poverty.
Teach Financial Skills that Last a Lifetime
Do you have an hour a week to change someone’s life, and enrich your own in the process?
As a volunteer coach, you’ll provide ongoing, one-on-one support for your client - and we’ll support you in that effort. As a start, here’s a summary of what we ask of our coaches:
- A genuine interest in and commitment to working with low-income women
- Strict confidentiality of all client financial and personal information
- A six-month commitment to your client
- Participation in a coaches’ orientation
- Participation in hour-long client workshops, 11 in total.
- One or two follow-up contacts with your client between workshops
- Invitation to participation in our monthly Coaches’ Exchange
Contact Marcy Furse, Coordinator of Volunteers, Lazarus House Ministries at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-269-5217 for more information.
- People Skills
- Adult Education
- Financial Literacy
- General Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- One hour per week on site
- This session is taught in Spanish, therefore volunteer must be fluent. Bilingual is a plus.