The Richmond Museum of History is conducting an inventory of the permanent collection. The Inventory Technician will work closely with the Museum staff and other volunteers to continue the effort to complete a full digital inventory of the permanent collection. The Museum is very fortunate to have excellent paper records dating back over sixty years. In an effort to be better stewards of the collection, the Museum began the process to create a digital inventory in 2014 and the work continues today.
Duties of this internship include reconciling artifacts and catalog cards, handling, and photographing artifacts, creating short descriptions of artifacts, creating digital images of artifacts, measuring artifacts, data entry into Past Perfect software program. Students are expected to dedicate at least four hours per week to the internship.
The Richmond Museum of History is located roughly six blocks from BART and one block from AC Transit 72 line.
The Richmond Museum of History is located in the heart of downtown Richmond and is proud to be the oldest organization in West Contra Costa County dedicated to preserving local history. The Richmond Museum of History is housed in a Carnegie Library and owns the most significant collection of historical material and documents in the local area. The permanent collection was established in 1950 and is comprised of a variety of materials including textiles, fine art, archaeological collections, historical artifacts, documents, photographs. The Museum staff is small but what we lack in capacity, we far make up for in enthusiasm and love for our work.
The Richmond Museum of History is currently transitioning from a grassroots, volunteer lead effort to a professional nonprofit lead by academically trained staff. The staff is working to reinvigorate the museum, gain new support within the community and seeks to become more relevant to the modern residents of Richmond. We accomplish this by conducting community outreach, broadening the scope of history we interpret and hosting community advisory meetings.
- Data Entry
- Library Sciences
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Good attention to detail
- Visitor Docent On the SS Red Oak...
- Discover Mysteries in the Museum!
- Information Technology Technician
- Help your community history...
- Richmond Museum of History...
- Help us keep our Museum beautiful!
- Carpenter for Local History Museum
- Volunteer Recruiting On The SS...
- Deck Department On The SS Red...
- Electrician on SS Red Oak Victory
- Greeter on SS Red Oak Victory
- Architectural Historian
- Help our community museum...
- Rose Garden Crew
- Steward on SS Red Oak Victory
- Public history research in local...
- Local History Museum Marketing...
- Administrative Assistant
- Graphic Designer needed to make...
- Docent, Public Programs &...