BEST is seeking volunteers to help promote a new project focused on sex trafficking prevention. The BEST Employers Alliance involves local companies in prevention through a corporate responsibility approach. This volunteer position is not focused on fundraising. While we welcome donations from interested companies, our "ask" is that companies take steps within their internal operations to prevent sex trafficking & buying-through internal policies, employee training, or other best practices.
Duties (but are not limited to):
- Becoming well versed in human trafficking, sex trafficking, and prostitution in Washington state and aware of these issues globally
- Understanding the demand side of sex trafficking and why it is such a vital intervention to prevent exploitation of women and kids
- Accessing personal or business networks to promote trafficking prevention and/or set up meetings between a best employee and the business executives who can make a decision to partner with the BEST Employers Alliance
This volunteer position requires a minimum of 3-5 hours per week. We ask for a minimum of 1 year commitment.
- Experience to speak to Information Technology community. Would prefer individual with networking or background in IT.
- Sales, marketing, or communications experience
- Existing networks with executive-level business leaders in Washington, especially in HR, CSR, Legal, or C-suite
- Passion for human rights and for the prevention of sex trafficking
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Intelligent, learns quickly, and adapts easily to new situations
- Proactive and able to work independently without a high-level of oversight
- Ability to relate professionally and respectfully to a wide range of people, from trafficking survivors to law enforcement officers to CEOs
- Located in the Puget Sound region for the coming 1-2 years and able to travel within this region
- People Skills
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3-5 hours a week with a 1 year commitment request.