Our Data Managers play a pivotal role in growing and improving the AsylumConnect catalog. You will work closely with our Director of Data Management and fellow Data Manager associates to grow our catalog, make resource verification more comprehensive, simplify the resource collection process, and ensure our resource database remains error-free. This is an exciting opportunity to improve your data management, research and analysis skills while helping us to ensure the quality of our catalog.
We're looking for meticulous, hard-working individuals who are passionate about the AsylumConnect catalog.
- Report (and work closely with) the Director of Data Management.
- Collaborate with fellow Data Manager associates.
- Brainstorm ways to improve resource verification for the catalog.
- Assist with the cleaning-up and maintaining of the resource database for the AsylumConnect catalog.
- Help to organize and coordinate the data collection and verification efforts for the catalog. Update the data collection and verification rubrics as needed.
- Complete other catalog-related tasks as assigned by the Director of Data Management.
- Interest/background in one or more of the following area(s): database management, data analysis, research, statistics.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills.
- Working skill set in Excel, and/or Squarespace, HTML, CSS, WordPress or other content management system(s).
- You are technical, data-driven, and meticulous.
- Superior understaning of the AsylumConnect catalog (or willingness to learn in-depth about our catalog).
- Bonus(es): Extensive experience working with data, knowledge of analysis software (SPSS, SAS).
1. Why AsylumConnect? What specifically about our cause resonates with you? (Maximum of 300 words)
2. Why are YOU the right person for the Data Manager associate position at AsylumConnect? This is your choice to convince us to give you the job. We’re looking for passion and creativity as well as exemplary understanding of and commitment to our vision and the job description. (Maximum of 400 words)
*Please email email@example.com with your answers to the above application questions along with your resume/cv.
For more information, please visit the recruitment section of our website:
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- SQL / MySQL
- Database Administration
- Content Management Systems
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Estimated 5-10 hours per week
- Looking for a minimum commitment through June 2018