We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Fundraising Manager to work closely with our Director of Finance on leading our fundraising efforts. This position presents the unique opportunity to brainstorm and execute comprehensive fundraising strategies for AsylumConnect. You will work to identify and apply to funding opportunities, including: nonprofit grantmakers, pitch competitions, and corporate sponsorship. You will also work to bolster our grassroots fundraising strategy in order to secure more private individual donations. As Fundraising Manager, you will play a pivotal role in attracting much-needed funding to our cause.
- Report to (and work closely with) the Director of Finance.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies (including creative crowdfunding campaigns, targeting email lists via MailChimp, using social media campaign tools for fundraising purposes, etc.).
- Work with the Director of Finance to bolster AsylumConnect's grassroots donations strategy.
- Help to assess/monitor fundraising needs to meet organizational goals.
- Assist the Director of Finance with researching and applying for additional sources of funding (private and governmental grants, pitch competitions, etc.).
- Assist the Director of Finance with researching and obtaining corporate sponsorship.
- Maintain all fund development records.
- Interest/background in one or more of the following area(s): fundraising, grant writing, research, proposal development, project management.
- Ability to record, monitor and update financial progress.
- Excellent written communication (English) and interpersonal skills: ability to help craft compelling funding proposals and inspire people to donate to our cause, both in writing and in-person.
- Strong research skills and attention to detail: research potential corporate sponsors and additional sources of funding.
- You are creative, a great writer, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Bonus(es): Knowledge or experience in seeking corporate sponsorship, launching crowdfunding campaigns, grant writing, soliciting individual donations (via email lists, etc.) and/or using social media campaign tools for fundraising efforts (Facebook Ads, etc.).
- If you have a sample grant proposal, please also include it in your application to: email@example.com.
1. Why AsylumConnect? What specifically about our cause resonates with you? (Maximum of 300 words)
2. Why are YOU the right person for the Fundraising Manager associate position at AsylumConnect? This is your choice to convince us to give you the job. We’re looking for passion and creativity as well as exemplary understanding of and commitment to our vision and the job description. (Maximum of 400 words)
*Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your answers to the above application questions along with your resume/cv.
**If you have a sample grant proposal, please also include it in your application to: email@example.com.
For more information, please visit the recruitment section of our website: http://www.asylumconnect.org/join-our-team/
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Estimated 5-10 hours per week
- Looking for a minimum commitment through June 2018