We are recruiting for a creative Social Media Manager. As AsylumConnect's Social Media Manager, you will work to grow our presence across social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.). This position offers an exciting opportunity to hone your social media skills while playing an integral role in our advocacy work.
- Report (and work closely with) the AsylumConnect Director of Marketing and Publicity.
- Regularly update and monitor AsylumConnect's social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram).
- Follow news and social media accounts related to LGBTQ asylum seeker/asylees and global LGBTQ rights.
- Work with teammates to brainstorm and launch innovative and creative multimedia campaigns using social media. Work with the Co-Directors, Director of Finance and Legal, and related team member(s) on any future online fundraising campaigns.
- Actively stay up-to-date on AsylumConnect's activities and growth.
- Interest/background in one or more of the following area(s): communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, computer science.
- Extensive experience using social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Advanced computer research and writing skills (e.g. the ability to write effective copy in different styles depending on the social platform).
- Superior written English language skills.
- Enthusiasm for raising awareness for our cause and organization.
- Bonus: knowledge of writing for Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
*Start/end date are negotiable.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18