Join us for a JA in a Day at Susitna Elementary on Wednesday, March 7, 2017! Volunteers will be presenting lessons on financial literacy, workforce readiness, and entreprenership to kindergarten through 6th grade students throughout the course of the school day.
Junior Achievement will provide all necessary program materials, as well as a 30-minute training to ensure you feel comfortable and prepared going into the classroom.
We provide a step by step program guide that will walk you through how to facilitate each lesson. The detailed script directs volunteers through the activity and discussion. The time commitment is minimal compared to the significant impact you make.
Before visiting the classroom, JA suggests volunteers spends a minimum of 30 minutes reviewing and preparing for their lesson. JA staff is available to answer your questions or make suggestions pertaining to your volunteer assignment.
In addition to training, JA will provide a light breakfast and lunch to all volunteers on the day of the event.
Please contact Amarin Ellis at email@example.com for more information.
- Financial Literacy
- Public Speaking
- Youth Services
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3-6 hours (varies based on grade level)
- JA in a Day - Government Hill...
- JA in a Day - Wonder Park...
- JA in a Day - Sand Lake Elementary
- JA in a Day - Willow Crest...
- JA in a Day - K-Beach Elementary...
- JA in a Day - Redoubt Elementary...
- JA in a Day - Abbott Loop...
- JA in a Day - Mountain View...
- JA in a Day - Williwaw Elementary
- JA in a Day - Susitna Elementary