Mission: The Northern Colorado AIDS Project’s mission is to equitably meet the evolving needs of people affected by HIV and other disease through prevention, care, and advocacy.
For more information, please visit our website at coloradohealthnetwork.org.
The Regional Council is an unpaid advisory council for NCAP. Council members support the work of NCAP and provide mission-based leadership, strategic advisory services, and development support. While day-to-day operations are led by NCAP’s Director of Regional Programs, the Council-Director relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Regional Council is both critical and expected. The Regional Council is distinct from NCAP’s Board of Directors in that the Regional Council provides guidance and leadership but does not have fiduciary or governance responsibilities. Specific Regional Council Member responsibilities include:
Leadership and Strategic Guidance
Serving as a trusted advisor to the Director of Regional Programs as s/he develops and implements NCAP’s strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by NCAP for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to council and committee meetings
- Assisting the Director of Regional Programs and Council chair in identifying and recruiting other Regional Council Members
- Partnering with the Director of Regional Programs and other Regional Council members to ensure that Council resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing NCAP to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring NCAP’s commitment to a diverse Council and staff that reflects the communities NCAP serves
NCAP Regional Council Members will consider NCAP a philanthropic priority and make or solicit annual gifts that reflect that priority. Contributions can be assistance with events, grant research, etc.
NCAP’s Regional Council Members will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for unlimited additional terms. Council meetings will be held monthly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full Council meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about NCAP’s mission and who has a track record of Council leadership. Selected Regional Council Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, education, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Regional Council Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Professional or volunteer experience with significant leadership accomplishments in business, education, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of NCAP’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of NCAP’s beneficiaries
Service on NCAP’s Regional Council is without remuneration.
- Resource Development / Management
- Business Analysis
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- See Opportunity Description