Description: This is an opportunity to learn about the planning and implementation of large and small events for a non-profit organization. Creative self-starters are perfect for this position!
About Us: East Side Elders helps seniors live full and rewarding lives - in the home and community they want - for as long as possible and as healthy and well as possible. Our teams of volunteers, students and community members provide a wide range of services and activities that give the necessary support and resources to our elderly neighbors wherever they call home.
Understand the challenges facing seniors on the East Side of Saint Paul
- Gain experience planning events such as resource fairs and monthly events for seniors
- Learn how to approach businesses for donations and sponsorship of events
- Discover communication strategies for promoting events
- Other opportunities as determined by the intern and East Side Elders
- Must have reliable transportation or ability to use public transportation to travel to our office and to various events around the metro
- Must pass a background check
- Able to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds in a caring, courteous manner
- At least 18 years old
If you are interested in this position, please contact us:
463 Maria Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55106
Applications can be filled out online:
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Footcare Volunteer
- Special Event Volunteer - Elder...
- Fight Hunger - Help Seniors Stay...
- Fun and Games with Seniors -...
- Help Seniors with Household Chores
- Wellness Clinic Nurse
- Communications Internship
- Provide Relief to Primary...
- East Side Elders Board Member
- Leaf Raking Team
- Nursing Assistant
- Event Planning Internship
- Provide Rides to Seniors
- Event Planning Volunteer
- Outdoor Volunteering - Help...
- Communications Volunteer
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Check-In Call Volunteer
- Nursing Student Volunteer