Description: This is an opportunity to gain experience with planning and implementing communication strategies for a non-profit organization. As a Communication Volunteer, you will be giving back to the community and building your resume at the same time!
About Us: East Side Elders helps seniors live full and rewarding lives - in the home and community they want - for as long as possible and as healthy and well as possible. Our teams of volunteers, students and community members provide a wide range of services and activities that give the necessary support and resources to our elderly neighbors wherever they call home.
Hours: Flexible - most tasks can be completed from home
- Understand the challenges facing seniors on the East Side of Saint Paul
- Gain experience writing and publishing blog posts
- Learn how to create a video promoting the activities of a non-profit organization
- Discover communication strategies for reaching a senior population
- Gain experience with media relations and press release creation
- Other opportunities as determined by the volunteer and East Side Elders
- Must have reliable transportation or ability to use public transportation to travel to our office and to various events around the metro
- Must pass a background check
- Able to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds in a caring, courteous manner
- At least 18 years old
If you are interested in this position, please contact us:
463 Maria Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55106
Applications can be filled out online:
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Volunteer Handyperson
- Footcare Volunteer
- Special Event Volunteer - Elder...
- Volunteer Housekeeper
- Fight Hunger - Help Seniors Stay...
- Fun and Games with Seniors -...
- Volunteer Attorney
- Help Seniors with Household Chores
- Wellness Clinic Nurse
- Communications Internship
- Provide Relief to Primary...
- East Side Elders Board Member
- Nursing Assistant
- Event Planning Internship
- Fundraising Volunteer
- Volunteer Driver for Seniors in...
- Event Planning Volunteer
- Outdoor Volunteering - Help...
- Communications Volunteer
- Nursing Student Volunteer