The Patient and Health Professional Services (PHPS) Department supports patients, caregivers and families from diagnosis through survivorship; provides free, confidential programs and resources to help patients navigate their transplant journey, and collaborates with transplant centers and other patient-focused organizations to increase access to transplant. The Education and Outreach team is one of the five teams within the PHPS department. The team’s accountabilities include:
1. Education resources for patients, caregivers and families
2. Relationships with health professionals
3. Relationships with national patient advocacy and disease organizations
4. Education and development for department staff
- Review back translations of patient education resources to ensure that they are culturally and linguistically appropriate for patients, caregivers and families.
- Conduct environmental scans and literature reviews as needed.
- Assist in the development of an editorial calendar for the Patients Connect Facebook page.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of patient education programs and resources for different literacy audiences.
- Make updates to Transplant Center Directory and .gov web properties as needed.
- Adult Education
- Financial Literacy
- Administrative Support
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 120 hr minimum, 10-12 hrs/wk
- Be The Match Walk+Run New York
- Be The Match Gala Committee
- Biorepository Service Intern -...
- Marketing Journey Mapping Intern
- Donor Experience Intern
- Education and Outreach Service...
- Be The Match Gala - Event...
- Be The Match Gala - Set-up...
- Patient Services Programs Intern
- Be The Match Walk+Run Charlotte
- Long Beach Be The Match Walk+Run...
- Case Management Service Intern