Patient Education Service Intern
DONATE TO THIS
17 people are interested
The Patient Advocacy and Navigation (PAN) Department supports patients, caregivers and families from diagnosis through survivorship; provides free, confidential programs and resources to help patients navigate their transplant journey; and, collaborates with transplant centers and other patient-focused organizations to increase access to transplant.
Within PAN, the Patient Education team plans, develops, implements, and evaluates educational resources for patients, caregivers, and families, and supports the patient education needs of the Be The Match Patient Support Center.
- Review back translations of patient education resources to ensure that they are culturally and linguistically appropriate for patients, caregivers, and families.
- Conduct environmental scans and literature reviews as needed.
- Assist in the development of an editorial calendar for the Patients Connect Facebook page.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of patient education programs and resources.
- Submit updates to web pages within BeTheMatch.org/patient as needed.
- Work with cross-functional teams including, but not limited to, Marketing & Communication
500 N 5th St.Minneapolis, MN 55401
- Adult Education
- Administrative Support
- Reading / Writing
- Patient Care
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Spring semester 2019 (at least 3 months), minimum of 120 hours (10-12 hours/week), unpaid internship
- Must be currently tied to an institution of higher learning or have graduated within the last 6 months - Must adhere to the NMDP Confidentiality Policy - Interest in healthcare, social science, or a related field is helpful