Our adult ESL courses focus primarily on conversational English. The goal is to improve speaking skills and to help students engage in the surrounding community. Classes meet Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-12:00pm at the Tri Main building.
The Intern will support the following duties with our adult ESL teachers
- Intern will provide assistance to classroom teacher in preparing lesson plans and instructing students.
- Will co-evaluate and monitor student performance in accordance with classroom teacher's methods.
- Will assist newly arrived English Language Learners (ELL) with literacy skills and language development.
- Co-plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for activities and clean up after class is finished.
- Use relevant technology to support instruction.
- Provide appropriate feedback on student work.
- Monitor and encourage individual student progress.
- Work with classroom volunteers to provide small group or one-on-one instruction
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by cooperating teacher or Program Coordinator.
Interested candidates should send a resumé and cover letter to Myo Thant at firstname.lastname@example.org.. No phone calls please. We will only contact you if we are interested in setting up an interview.
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training