Opera NOVA, an all-volunteer non-profit organization incorporated in the Commonwealth of Virginia, is looking for a Coordinator of Volunteers to prepare for the production of Treemonisha in February and March 2017. Our passion is to use the arts to build the Northern Virginia community. This "passion" includes the children’s opera, started in 1970 by Catherine Filene Shouse, the Founder of Wolf Trap. Her vision was to work with the public schools to break down the social barriers to America’s cultural heritage.Our production Treemonisha, written by Scott Joplin, in February and March 2017is likely the most important children’s opera we have ever performed. This priceless treasure, in which ragtime and opera join hands and dance together, is as American as apple pie. For the first time, this opera will be condensed and designed for audiences of school children. To produce this opera many jobs need to be done and this requires people to do them. If you are a creative type that enjoys working with people, you could be that volunteer coordinator. If you are interested, please contact Opera NOVA’s Office at email@example.com or (703) 536-7557. Website http://www.operanova.org.
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Music Arts
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- at least 2 hr/wk
- Event Planner
- Costume/Wardrobe Volunteer Wanted
- Audience Development for...
- Volunteer PhD Candidates wanted...
- Historian/Archivist wanted for...
- Grant Writers
- Summer Volunteers Wanted
- Stage manager for opera...
- Administrative Assistant
- Connect Local Seniors With the...
- Coordinator of Volunteers wanted...
- School Coordinator for...
- Musical Instrument Coordinator