The mission of Panhandle Warrior Partnership is to Our mission is to empower veterans of Northwest Florida through a holistic program of community collaboration designed to connect veterans and their families to the local community through benefits, services, education, jobs, and housing.
Reports to: Development Director
Hours: Four or more hours/week - flexible hours
Job Responsibilities: Volunteer(s) will support the Development Director. The Volunteer(s) will help with tasks related to social media, website, blog posting and tracking, writing and/or design.
To do what we do, we need the best and brightest in our team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about social business and keen to jump into action to help us support our local veterans. We’ll work closely with you to develop a role that you’re happy with, but broadly you will assist us in four key areas:
- Run our social media (Twitter, Facebook and Linked In)
- Encourage guest blogging on our website
- Write articles to promote the work of Panhandle Warrior Partnership and promote these on other blogger websites
- Develop press releases for upcoming events and major awards
Skills and experience Skills:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to run and manage projects autonomously
- Very strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A high level of professionalism
- Passion for what we do, social business, supporting military, veterans and their families service.
No experience is required, although previous work in marketing, media, social media or the non-profit sector would be highly regarded.
What’s in it for you?
* Develop your professional skills in media and marketing
* Meet new people and create new relationships within the non-profit, social business sector
Logistics of role:
You will report to the Development Director located in Pensacola, FL. There is a minimum commitment of 5 hours per week. Ideally you will start immediately with a minimum commitment of 6 months.
Please note that this is a volunteer position.
How to apply: Please send an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us about yourself, why you’re interested in the role and what you can bring to it, and include your resume.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18