In an attempt to make the After School Program volunteer-lead and reduce costs for the Therapeutic Learning Center (TLC), Peacock Acres is seeking applicants to be volunteer drivers for the After School Program. Though the majority of programs receive state funding, the TLC is the only program reliant on private funds and grants.
It is for this reason that the TLC needs the support of the community to continue its mission of providing foster youth with academic support in an engaging and safe environment designed to increase educational, social, self, and community development.
Under the direction of the Executive Director and Program Director, the principal duties of the Volunteer Driver for the After School program are:
- Pick up and drop off youth according to the established driving schedule
- Ensure the safety of youth while being transported
- Drive according to speed limit
- Ensure that youth are safely seated during commute
- If necessary, rearrange the seating of youth for the safety of the commute
- Play appropriate music in vehicle
- Ensure that there is enough fuel in the vehicle before and after pick up
Requirements: Background Check, TB test Results, clean driving record, Class B License ideal.
Available shifts / Time Commitment
Drivers needed Monday through Thursday
Pick-up shift 2:00 to 4:00 pm
Drop-off shift 6:00 to 7:30 pm
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Bus/Van Driving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- 16 hours a week maximum
- Class B License Ideal, but not required - background check - TB test results
- Tutor-Mentor for Foster Children
- URGENT : Conduct and Lead...
- New Enriching & Unique...
- Volunteer for Summer School 2017
- Mentor and Tutors Urgently Needed
- Volunteers Needed to Support our...
- Volunteer Driver for the After...
- Volunteer for Summer Session 2017
- NEW AVAILABILITIES - Tutors &...
- Tutor-Mentor for foster teens