We are looking to provide joy and companionship with pets. As a Pet Therapy Volunteer of Aseracare, you will assist in providing one of the many alternative treatment programs used to help the care of patients with life limiting illnesses.
The AseraCare Pet Therapy Program has been around for more than 20 years. Trained volunteers will bring certified pets to visit patients and bring a sense of fulfillment as only animals can bring.
- Be a listening eat to stories
- Read to patients
- Offer support to families after a passing
All Pet Therapy Volunteers Must have the following:
- Be at least one year old
- Be certified through a proper organization (We can refer you)
- Have all current vaccinations and pass a health screening by a veterinarian
- Be cleaned and groomed before each visit
Volunteers are non-medial and do not feed or administer medication to patients.
Please contact Michael Collins, Volunteer Coordinator for more information.
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We require a minimum of 2hrs a week w/ patient
- TB Screening, Background Check, Drug Test, and HEP B Vaccination