Are you looking to provide joy and companionship with pets?! As a Pet Therapy Volunteer of Aseracare, you will assist in providing delight and enjoyment through the power of therapy that an animal companion can offer.
Volunteers function as companion volunteers with the specialty to focus on encouraging and enhancing patient interactions with their certified pet. Pet Therapy can be blessing in disguise as pets can offer an incredible amount of stress relief, provide happiness onto patients, and create non-forgetable experiences.
- Be a listening eat to stories
- Read to patients
- Offer support to families after a passing
All Pet Therapy Volunteers Must have the following:
- Be at least one year old
- Be certified through a proper organization (We can refer you)
- Have all current vaccinations and pass a health screening by a veterinarian
- Be cleaned and groomed before each visit
Volunteers are non-medial and do not feed or administer medication to patients.
Please contact Michael Collins, Volunteer Coordinator @ 330-760-5279 for more information.
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We require a minimum of 2hrs a week w/ patient
- TB Screening, Background Check, Drug Test, and HEP B Vaccination