Share your time and special skill with elementary students! Harbor House afterschool is looking for dedicated volunteers to teach clubs in a variety of subjects in our Spring Semester!
Club Leader volunteers commit to the following:
- Weekly 45 minute commitment (Mon, Tues, or Thurs 5-5:45)
- 11 week commitment (January 15-March 30)
- Teach a group of 5-10 elementary school students in a special subject
- Support (curriculum development and resources) provided by the Director of Elementary Programs
Harbor House is open to a wide variety of clubs, and has hosted clubs in art, basketball, coding, cooking, dance, engineering, hockey, soccer, Theatre, and writing. We have a special interest in science, piano, foreign languages, community engagement, and computer literacy.
The Harbor House staff is also committed to making this a valuable experience for our volunteers. Over 75% of our volunteers return every semester to continue building relationships and opportunities for our students.
- Visual Arts
- General Education
- Keyboard Instrument
- Sports Coaching
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Mon, Tues or Thurs 5-5:45; 11-15 week commitment
- 45-min volunteer training and registration, TB test, fingerprinting