Social Media Volunteer
The social media volunteer will develop and implement a social media strategy to increase overall reach and brand awareness. He/she will use social media outlets to promote active Take A Breather Foundation (TAB) campaigns, engage the public and increase our online presence. The social media coordinator will directly contribute to increasing TAB’s capacity to fulfill wishes for children battling cystic fibrosis (CF) by increasing public awareness and communicating progress on specific TAB campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
The social media volunteer will:
- Identify key online channels for TAB to establish a presence
- Develop a social media strategy to support the organization’s cystic fibrosis wish program and fundraising activities, and establish targets for increasing online reach
- Post regular updates to TAB’s social media outlets, including news articles, press releases, fundraising appeals, and any other promotional items
- Monitor activity and user interactions for all social media outlets
- Adapt general TAB campaign messaging for the different outlet-specific audiences
- Experience using key social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn)
- Strong writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to use online tools to engage members, donors, and corporate partners
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and creative
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of, or connection to cystic fibrosis is an asset.
This position requires a minimum 3-month commitment for 1-2 days per week for an average of 5-8 hours per week, which can be completed at home or school.
Benefits and recognition
This position provides valuable experience for Communications, and Nonprofit Management students; individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the non-profit sector or students seeking a community service project and anyone with a passion for helping children’s causes. Volunteers are highly valued members of the TAB team and contribute to making a significant difference in TABS’ ability to fulfill wishes for children battling CF. TAB provides reference letters for all of our volunteers who successfully complete their responsibilities.
If interested, please contact us at email@example.com or 484-678-3341
About Take A Breather
Take A Breather Foundation fulfills wishes for children living with Cystic Fibrosis. Our goal is to give these children, along with their families, the opportunity to "take a breather" from CF and focus on creating magical memories that will stay with them for a lifetime. Memories that will strengthen their hearts and minds as they battle the psychological, emotional and economic turmoil that accompanies life with Cystic Fibrosis.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3-months, 5-8 hours/week
- Great opportunity for students or employees looking for a community service project.