Help to ensure youth in our after school program are positively engaged and invested in their learning and homework, have positive relations with adults, and improve their math and reading skills.
- Commit to a weekly tutoring shift
- Help youth complete homework assignments
- Be a positive example and role model to the young people in our program
- Act as a resource and guide, help the youth learn how to find resources and information
- Work closely with Eden staff and report on any issues or get support when needed
- Respect that the youth may not share your lifestyles, values, or goals
- Excellent reading and math skills
- Previous teaching or tutoring experience is preferred but not required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive personality and demeanor
Volunteer Tutors will gain insight into the life of a young person, an increase in their own skills and training, as well as the reward and satisfaction that comes from helping a young person excel academically and gain more confidence.
Tutors will work within Eden’s after school programs and must commit to at least ONE shift per week for at least four months. We have two programs in Livermore. Volunteers can select a weeksly shifts on either Monday or Wednesday from 3- 5pm, or Tuesday or Thursday from 3:30-5:30 pm.
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Tues/Thurs 3:30- 5:30 pm or Mon/Weds 3-5 pm