Hands-on projects may be determined by the instructor and student interest. The Geek Group has many resources for exploring this topic. A visit to our site is required so that the applicant’s ideas can be submitted in order to apply for this position. Students are mixed ages from 13 - 18. Class may meet two days per week, Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday for 1 - 2 hours. OR one day per week for 2-3 hours. Field trips may also be scheduled as interest requires. Since our goal is to make learning an engaging and inspiring experience for teens in the greater Grand Rapids area, we accomplish this by utilizing non-typical, non-traditional ways of working with youth. To learn more visit www.OpenDoorsforTeens.org/volunteer/ Only those who enjoy working with teens need inquire.
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- General Education
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Grant writing: Research and...
- French Instructor for Teens
- Music Instructor for Teens
- American Sign Language...
- Classical Literature Instructor...
- Mechanics Instructor for Teens
- Grant Writing
- Money Matters Instructor for Teens
- Art Program Coordinator / Intern...
- Teen Tutoring: The Geek Group
- Building Instructor for Teens
- Administration & Member Services
- Electronics Instructor for Teens
- Robotics Instructor for Teens
- Film Studies Instructor for Teens
- Web Development