Korean American Family Service Center's Self-Sufficiency Program is currently seeking anUrban Garden Consultant Volunteer to counsel, direct and teach gardening techniques to Self-Sufficiency Counselor and small cohort.
- Counsel and guide Self-Sufficiency Counselor in building of a successful and fruitful urban garden
- Giving advice on all matters relating to gardening
- Develop curriculum for gardening
- Teach and run a monthly meeting
- Advise about planting schemes and plant new vegetables
- Help research of potential vendors, farmers markets to sell produce
- Experience with vegetable gardening, urban gardening, community gardening
- At least 10 month commitmentpreferred but not required; 5 -10 hours+ monthly
- Sense of empathy towards victims or individual who have experienced trauma
- Familiarity working with immigrant community
- Korean-speaking ismajor plus but not required
LOCATION: Flushing, Queens
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Carmen Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-460-3801 ext.36.
KAFSC Self-Sufficiency Programprovides job-readiness skills to improve self-confidence, basic skills, and economic self-sufficiency for clients who are survivors of domestic violence. English and computer classes are provided as a part of self-sufficiency program in order to assist our clients in developing job interview skills and résumé writing. We also offer job referrals for clients who are ready to seek employment.
KAFSC[www.kafsc.org] is a leading, nonprofit organization that supports and empowers adults, youth and children to lead safe and healthy lives based on dignity, compassion and mutual respect. We are committed to preventing and ending domestic violence and relationship abuse, and creating a violence-free society.
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment