The Assistant Editor - eNewsletter is a volunteer position with III and assists with producing a monthly E-Newsletter Impact Monthly using the online tool Constant Contact. The content reflects the direction of our Board and programs, the communication needs of volunteers, and relevant topics for first-generation college students. This volunteer position reports to the Newsletter Editor and VP Communications.
Hands on Role and Responsibilities:
- Participates in virtual monthly planning meeting.
- Develops article ideas and writes articles as needed.
- Proofs and edits article submissions.
- Assists with selecting and uploading images.
- Follows up on new volunteer’s column, which includes bio and photo profiles.
- Schedules the e-Newsletter and submits information for social media and website posting as needed.
Core Competencies Include:
- Sound Knowledge in Computer. Proficiency in Microsoft word and Excel.
- Create artistic ideas in layout and design within professional limits
- Utilize Microsoft Office software, Printshop, and adobe Acrobat.
- Time management and meeting deadlines.
- Organized, good communicator, writing skills.
- Motivated, strong initiative, ability to work independently.
- Dependable follow through, time management.
- Excellent editing and writing skills.
- Highly organized and collaborative.
- Ability to take initiative, dependability, flexibility and resourceful.
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team.
- Term: Long Term
- Time Commitment: 5-8 Hours per month.
- Candidates may submit their materials electronically via Word or as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Bio, Photo, and Application will also be required.
ABOUT IMAGE IMPACT INTERNATIONAL
Image Impact International, Inc. (III) is a global Non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to mentor first-generation students to remain in college. Through our college to career bridge programs, we provide the leadership, communication, and professional skills needed for workplace success.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact our VP Human Resources Marisol Rosero-Allen
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Reading / Writing
- Content Management Systems
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 5-8 Virtual Hours per Month
- Assistant Editor - eNewsletter
- Graphics Support/ Designer
- Vice President Program...
- Grant Writers
- College 2 Career Program...
- Project Manager(New York Metro...
- CPA Non -profit 990EZ Support -...
- IT Chair (New York Metro Area)
- Quickbooks Administrator(New...
- Finance Committee Chair - New...
- Mentoring Program...
- Vice President Operations - New...