Prepare + Prosper (P+P) has been bringing FREE tax assistance and financial education to low- and moderate-income Minnesotans for over 44 years.
Join us as a Tax Site Specialist!
Role and responsibilities:
- Initiate the customer sign-in process, ensuring that customers meet the basic eligibility requirements for services
- Answer customer questions and act as a navigator through the multi-step process
- Assist in the overall operation and flow of the tax clinic
- Go over completed tax return with customers and secure necessary signatures
- Provide the initial and final "friendly face" for customers
- Maintain customer confidentiality, providing as much privacy as logistically possible
- Work cooperatively with P+P staff and other volunteers to deliver high-quality service
You see the impact of your volunteering immediately and have the opportunity to make lasting relationships with community members.
Interested? Sign up for an orientation here: http://prepareandprosper.org/volunteer/how-to-apply OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Reception
- Problem Solving
- Financial Literacy
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Professional Development
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One 4-hour shift per week from January 21-April 15
- Orientation and Training required for new volunteers before the start of 2017 tax season