Minds Matter of Los Angeles (MMLA) , in partnership with The All Ways Up Foundation, seeks an enthusiastic, organized and dedicated individual to serve as anAmeriCorps VISTA Member, helping to expand our organizational capacity. The project will focus on research, developing sustainable revenue, volunteer recruitment, and management systems in order to help expand Minds Mater of Los Angeles’ capacity to help low-income high school students develop core skills necessary to compete and gain acceptance to college. The member will receive a living allowance and other benefits, as provided by the AmeriCorps VISTA program. They may also receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or post-service stipend at completion of service.
APPLY FOR THE POSITION NOW: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/188574532?trk=biz-overview-job-post
The AmeriCorps VISTA member will partner with MMLA leadership and stakeholders to:
- Assess and document the current state of MMLA’s operations and efforts in serving low-income high school students, recruiting and managing volunteers, and delivering programs.
- Create or revise policies, procedures, and documents to improve the effectiveness and sustainability of MMLA and our programs.
- Develop a strong understanding of the current base of financial support. Build plan for donor retention, diversification, and to support revenue growth.
- Build the case for expansion of MMLA and our programs. Complete a detailed analysis of options, including financial modeling and a high level project plan.
- Business Analysis
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- A one (1) year, working 40 hrs per week
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field & A passion for helping others and driving change