Prince William/Manassas Tourism Ambassador Program
WhenThu Sep 01, 2016 09:00 AM - Thu Aug 31, 2017 05:00 PM
Where200 Mill StreetOccoquan, VA 22125
The Discover Prince William County & Manassas Tourism Ambassador Program is responsible for being the front-line travel & tourism specialists that disseminate information and welcome visitors to our area. Volunteers should be passionate about our destination and should be extremely knowledgeable about all of the exciting things to do, see and experience.
Ambassadors will be expected to work at the Visitor Center, local events, marathons, and tourism related activities throughout the Washington, D.C. region. The majority of shifts will be based at the Discover Prince William & Manassas Visitor Information Center at 200 Mill Street, in Occoquan, Virginia. The Visitor Center is open 7 days a week from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The ambassadors will work up to 6 hours per week (more if the volunteer elects to work more). Pairs of ambassadors are encouraged to work together on shifts (friends, spouses).
We are seeking up to 30 ambassadors that reside, work or have a passion aboutour area.
Visitor Center shift responsibilities:
- Ambassadors warmly greets and assists all visitors in a friendly and positive manner via telephone, email, chat and/or in person.
- Encourages all guests to complete visitor questionnaires.
- Provides accurate and helpful answers to inquiries about area information, while equitably representing all partners of the Prince William & Manassas Convention & Visitors Bureau.
- Contribute positively and enthusiastically as part of a team-oriented department.
- Helps keep brochure racks filled and organized.
- Communicates effectively with visitor center staff and CVB management.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Properly opens and closed Visitor Center following procedures set in place by CVB Staff.
- Recommend lodging choices that are available nearby.
Physical Conditions and Work Contacts:
- Sit, stand and walk for periods of time.
- Speak and hear.
- Frequent contact with the general public.
- Function in a workplace that is usually moderately quiet.
- Communicate effectively in English (those that speak other languages as their second language are encouraged to apply).
- Customer Service or Hospitality industry experience is perfect for this position.
This is a FUN and EXCITING volunteer position that is mostly indoors (unless working at one of our events that may be outdoor).
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours every two weeks.
- Friendly, customer service oriented individuals that want to promote tourism in our area.