Yolo County Library is looking for a volunteer to assist the Collection Development Librarian with a variety of projects related to the selection and deselection of materials, promotion of the collection through bibliographies and e-newsletters, and analysis of circulation and distribution data. The successful candidate will be well-read and interested in exploring library work as a career path. We request a minimum commitment of 3 to 4 months of weekly volunteer work. Weekly hours are flexible and will depend on the candidate’s schedule. This volunteer opportunity also includes the shadowing of a reference librarian/person in charge at a major library branch one Sunday a month.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 to 12 hours per week for 3-4 months
- Do you have an eye for design...
- Library Material Sleuth
- Tales for Tails!
- Technology Wizard!
- Mail Assistant
- Book Exchange Helper
- Processing Wiz!
- Processing Wiz
- Want to learn more about the...
- Share Your Love of Reading
- Material Processing Wonderworker
- Youth Service Volunteer
- The Gatekeeper of Yolo County...
- Volunteer for Marketing and...
- Share your Love of Reading-...
- Program Assistant Volunteer
- Help the library engage more...
- Handy-Dandy Helper
- 2-1-1 Yolo Community Outreach...