JerseySTEM is an all volunteers grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the Innovation Gap, the Opportunity Gap and the Gender Gap in STEM education. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, hands-on, team structures programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to underserved students in New Jersey. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. and are focused on kids grade 5-8. The programs last 10 weeks and are taught predominantly by volunteer college students that we recruit, train, transport and mentor as they donate 2 hours/week to the program.
We are currently seeking a club facilitator for the Girls Who Code Club in Summit, NJ . Girls Who Code Clubs is an after school/weekend program providing access to computer science education for 6th-12th grade girls nationwide. You will team up with another coach to support the girls.
Expose girls to a comprehensive and unique CS education
Empower young women in CS and help transform tech into a better, more inclusive industry
Develop powerful leadership skills while positively impacting your community
Interact with large tech companies and industry leaders through field trips and guest speakers
Join a community of professionals and students who share your passion for gender parity
- Proficient in at least one backend programming language.
- Immediate knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Some experience working with youth preferred but not required.
- Ability to pass a background screening.
- Commitment to volunteer 2-3 hours a week.
Apply at https://girlswhocode.com/volunteer/
- Mobile Programming
- Website Programming
- Computer Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 hours / week for 10 weeks Evenings or Week-ends
- COA: STEM Speaker Series...
- ADM:Executive Assistant to the...
- LID:Academic Director
- SIT: Community Manager (Newark,...
- GOO: Google Developer with...
- UNI: Mentoring program coordinator
- COA: App Inventor Coach
- DEV: Development: Retail Stores...
- MKT: Event organizer/recruiter...
- MKT: Public Relations for a...
- DEV:Corporate Engagement Manager
- ADM:Girls STEM Parties
- COA: Computer Science Education...
- COA:Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- HRS: Recruitment concierge
- MKT: PR/Communication
- DEV: Development: Sponsors...
- HRS: Organizational Chart...
- DEV: Development: NationBuilder...
- INS: High School Counseling for...