***** MUST BE 55+ *****
Mentors are wanted for the upcoming school year, for students in grades K-3. This is an excellent time for you to help change a child's life by being a positive role model, to one child once a week. This experience will prove to be an invaluable experience for both you and the student.
What you need to know:
One hour per week with one student. Must be able to committ to meeting each week with one student from end of September - end of May; attend mandatory training, have reliable transportation and maintain a confidendtial relationship.
Basic math/reading (middle school level or above), internet use is a plus, ledgible writing, good listener, good interaction with all people of all ages/race, committed, and a sense of humor go a long way.
- Special Needs
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- One hour per week
- School year commitment
- Read to Succeed!
- Assisting in 62B District Court!
- Senior VIP's In Action!
- Library Art Atendant
- Welcoming Families to a Brighter...
- Excellent Shopping Experience!
- Brighten A Shopper's Day!
- Healthy Meals to those in need!
- Community Road Patrol - VIP
- Become a Grambassador for the...
- Get a dose of fresh air by doing...
- Help others get to where they...
- Active Volunteering!
- Make a Difference to a Child...